Saturday, December 8, 2007

Apparently, I'm in the mood to gripe today

Destroyed Torture Tapes

I am so sick of Bush talking about this stuff -- I'm not sure if I feel pity for him or just ashamed. It almost always sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about -- and he tries to dance around too much. He knows what is being done is illegal, and so do those who destroyed the tapes. He talks about protecting American people yet they've used the "State Secrets" defense more than any other administration. They are also violating our rights and say that they're doing it in order to "protect us" -- how can you justify fighting for our freedoms when you're taking them away? We're not any safer just because we have to wait in line an extra 2 hours at the airport while everything is supposedly searched (I made it through security with a lighter in my purse still and would have been able to take it on the plane had I not remembered that I had it (I had to use it to heat up my key when my locks froze on my car lol) and disposed of it); and we're not any safer just b/c they decide to detain thousands of people for "questioning" -- if anything they've strapped their resources which is more detrimental to our safety b/c people are so caught up in searching everyone that they can't focus more attention on what actually seems threatening. They knew about 9/11 before it happened but said they didn't have the resources available to investigate the information properly. We're more likely to be victimized by domestic criminals than by foreign terrorists so why don't you focus a bit of energy into that? And while we're looking into the criminal justice system, why don't we look at all the social injustices that are leading many towards prisons -- at least in prison they get food and shelter and work. I could rant on about so much of this -- including Gitmo and the threats to habeus corpus -- and about how much of all of that is a crock of crap and mostly unnecessary... *takes a deep breath* -- I think I'm PMS'ing... time to go do some yoga and chill. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or maybe required some dough, kredyt bez bik nonetheless simply just don’t already have it till pay day? The application comes about pożyczki bez bik lublin for you to an incredible number of Men and women in the united states each day. A thing pops up so you have to have pożyczki pozabankowe jelenia góra some cash, but your determine isn’t placed at this point. Only when pożyczki bez bik skok stefczyka clearly there was a method to pożyczki pozabankowe na dowód get hold of a payday cash loan on-line, appropriate?